Now in its 159th season, the Hallé ranks among the UK’s top symphonic ensembles, with a distinguished history of acclaimed performances in this country and around the world; award-winning recordings, radio broadcasts and educational outreach programmes; and a visionary commitment to building audiences and developing orchestral repertoire.
The Hallé remains determined constantly to seek ways to enhance and refresh what it undertakes. They aspire to provide artistic leadership – through performance standards, artistic understanding and education and training, working with their partners in Manchester and beyond.
Their vision is to:
- Lead not follow
- Set new artistic standards and develop a reputation for them
- Make a distinctive contribution to promoting Manchester as a significant European cultural centre
- Strengthen their roots in the community
- Engage with contemporary culture through embracing new work and vivid presentation
Their mission is to:
- Produce an ambitious and wide-ranging programme of work both on and off the concert platform developing new audiences for the Hallé’s work as well as continuing to appeal to loyal long-term supporters
- Act as a cultural ambassador for Manchester
- Provide a comprehensive education and outreach programme firmly embedded in the Hallé’s core work to reach young people and other groups who may not otherwise have ready access to high quality musical experiences