The Leeds International Piano Competition Announce
Discover the Piano – Piano Fantasia
The Leeds International Piano Competition will welcome over 20 Leeds primary schools to a fantastic piano extravaganza this year. We want to make sure everyone in Leeds is involved in this Competition year as part of our programme of extending and expanding our piano activities across the city. We are delighted to announce our first large scale primary school event working in collaboration with creator and performer Will Pickvance to introduce the next generation to the piano!
We have developed a unique and engaging musical event, supported by Artforms and Arts Council England, and in collaboration with Will Pickvance. Adapted especially for Key Stage 2 pupils from the award winning family show, Anatomy of the Piano, which has toured worldwide we will present a newly commissioned create musical memories as your pupils are entertained and educated.
Looking ahead to the event our performer Will told us “For over half a century, the Leeds International Piano Competition has showcased some of the world’s most gifted pianists. I’m delighted to present this inaugural special fixture in their 2018 programme, celebrating the piano for everyone, whatever age or level. Featuring Bach’s cave piano and a jam on the Moon with Lang Lang’s scholars as never before been seen on stage, my plan is children burst out of Leeds Town Hall onto the streets, singing, dancing and full of musical curiosity.”
We are offering your school up to 70 free tickets for Year 4 pupils and accompanying staff for Discover the Piano – Piano Fantasia. Contact us today to take part to ensure your pupils will:
- Take part in a new and memorable experience for pupils of a live performance event in a central Leeds venue
- Discover and explore the piano alongside hundreds of peers from Leeds schools
- Learn about musical composition and be introduced to high-quality music and explore some of the great composers.
- Experience a curriculum enriching show to help pupils understand and be inspired by the piano
- Be able to access to travel bursaries to enable your school to attend
- Participate in the inaugural and landmark musical event in Leeds for young audiences
- Enjoy an exciting event with audience participation, brilliant animation and fascinating investigation inside the piano.
If you would like your pupils to be part of this exciting Leeds musical event on Monday 21 May 2018 please email ASAP firstname.lastname@example.org to be sent a booking form.
“A highly entertaining maestro of musical education for young and old alike, Will Pickvance should be hired to take this show to every school in UK” – The Stage
“A thoroughly charming and craftily educational hour. There’s something inspirational and empowering about the way he places experimentation and boundary-pushing at the heart of his story” – The Scotsman